Call Today 770.794.6643
With the levels of obesity reaching an all time high here in the United States, millions of people are searching for ways to lose massive amounts of weight. While some people are able to lose weight just by adopting a healthy diet and more rigorous exercise routines, many others are turning to other weight loss solutions such as bariatric surgery. Gastric bypass and gastric banding procedures have risen in popularity because they are capable of producing dramatic weight loss results in patients. In fact, many patients that undergo weight loss surgery are able to lose 100 pounds or more in the first year after surgery.
The unfortunate consequence of extreme weight loss is that patients are left with loose folds of excess skin on several areas of the body. This extra skin does not respond to diet, exercise, skin creams, or laser treatments. Surgical excision of the skin is the only effective treatment option. At Crawford Plastic Surgery in Kennesaw, we have seen an increasing number of patients that are interested in undergoing skin tightening surgery after weight loss.
If you are interested in undergoing skin tightening surgery, we invite you to schedule a consultation with our surgeons so they can perform a physical exam, listen to your concerns, and develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs. Our surgeons will also determine when your surgery should be performed. If you are still in the process of losing weight, we will want to wait to schedule your appointment until your weight has stabilized. Skin tightening surgery should be performed when you are at, and committed to maintaining, your goal weight.
Our surgeons perform all types of skin tightening surgery, and has included a wealth of information about each procedure on our website. Please browse our site to learn more about the skin tightening procedures that are performed on patients that have lost a significant amount of their body weight.
- Arm Lift: Arm lift surgery addresses skin laxity on the upper and lower arms. This procedure is often performed in combination with other skin tightening treatments.
- Breast Lift: The mastopexy procedure allows our surgeons to lift up sagging breasts and move the nipple to a more desirable location. Breast lift surgery is often performed in conjunction with breast augmentation surgery.
- Thigh Lift: Thigh lift surgery is intended to remove excess skin from the inner thighs, outer thighs, and above the knees.
- Tummy Tuck: Tummy tuck surgery involves the removal of extra skin from the abdomen.
- Body Lift: Body lift surgery incorporates various skin tightening techniques into one procedure. In lower body lift surgery, excess skin on the stomach, hips, and thighs is treated. In upper body lift surgery, extra skin on the breasts, chest, and back are addressed.
Skin Tightening Consults
Contact Crawford Plastic Surgery to schedule your skin tightening consultation.